Twitter is the pulse of the planet, and what interests you most. Twitter is for life in the moment. And over 50% says that Twitter gives them the latest news faster than any other source.
Twitter has worked hard to expand their surfaces where they are presented. Things like embedding tweets and using the API to let developers experiment on how to enhance the Twitter experience.
Unfortunately Twitter as a paid marketing platform has not yet launched in Scandinavia. But you can still achieve amazing things if your content and stories are good enough.
Because Twitter is a real time platform you need to be able to respond and react in a faster way than any other ways of marketing. You need to really be in the moment, it’s not a campaign based way of marketing. It’s always on.
Another thing that you need to focus on is that over 76% of the users are mobile users. So you need to make sure your content is created for handheld experiences. Let us repeat that. Almost two thirds of Twitter users are viewing it via a mobile.
Also, Josh talked about the importance of data and insights. Different content responds and engages different if you post on a monday vs a friday – and morning vs evening. You need to always be testing, use your insights of your target group and make content that specifically for different days and time.
So to sum it all up, this is what you need to know if you are going to do marketing for your brand on Twitter.
- Twitter is a realtime always on platform
- Most of your content is viewed via mobile
- Use insights and test your content to see when it gets the best response
- Build an authentic and accessible presence
- Mix these forms: informative, entertaining and helpful. But focus on 1 or 2 of them
- Give your account a heartbeat – make sure you show that there’s a person behind it